Author Topic: Elm from Sawfiler Tenn. Classic  (Read 5627 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Re: Elm from Sawfiler Tenn. Classic
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 08:43:42 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D I knew you could do it!
 Looks good to me and I'm glad it shoots good for ya.  After seeing how you transformed that stave into a nice bow, I may just have to try some more Elm.   Thanks for posting it.  Saw Filer
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline The Burnt Hill Archer

• Potter County, Pennsylvania
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 09:11:51 pm »
Beautiful bow man. tiller looks great, very smooth. i would love to find some elm, but around here there is some disease killing them all. >:( in all my wood hunting outings, ive seen maybe 1 or 2 that wernt dead, and they were iffy. nice job on yours though!

Phil
stalk softly, and carry a bent stick.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 09:25:51 pm »
  Good looking bow Dan. Everytime I looked you were scraping wood. You were busy. I have to agree, it should pull more than that. But I see where a little work on that right limb will get a little more pull. I hate to ask a maybe dumb question,  :-\especially as long as you have been doing this, but are you measuring the draw from the back or the belly?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 06:52:19 am »
Ya Eddie he is a scraping machine,I meet him about 4 years ago at the OLD Farts shoot
and he came to the Classic the next year.He set up right up at the front of the shop where you go in ,it was in the sun and pretty warm,he never let up all weekend I think he tillered from a stave 3 maybe 4 bows that weekend,it was amazing to me.Nice guy and make some beautiful stuff.Nice
bow Dan as I have said,don't look like it took much set,nice profile.Standing good and straight. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 05:15:28 pm »
Thanks, Pappy and Shannon.  Mullet, I measure the draw the middle of the handle (depth-wise).  Is that not right?

Dan