Author Topic: Help with reducing mass on tips  (Read 5391 times)

Offline SDBurntStick

Re: Help with reducing mass on tips
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2023, 09:37:33 pm »
Del said it best in one of his videos "Slim them till it breaks and then back off a bit"  I agree, well done.  One day I'll get the nerve to make my tips that narrow and squeeze out that extra little bit.

Offline sleek

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2023, 10:58:17 am »
Dang JW, I make my tips clunky as clogs compared to that! And my bows seem pretty quick. If you aren't getting the speed you are after, it may be design, tiller, or wood choice. Either way, thats a sexy tip.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2023, 09:09:53 pm »
Dang JW, I make my tips clunky as clogs compared to that! And my bows seem pretty quick. If you aren't getting the speed you are after, it may be design, tiller, or wood choice. Either way, thats a sexy tip.

It was a board bow pulling close to 50# at 28" and I was pushing absolutely everything to the limits just for the fun of seeing what would let go first. I can say the tips are holding up nicely. And if I need to, I can stab anyone that makes fun of them!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2023, 04:45:06 am »

It was a board bow pulling close to 50# at 28" and I was pushing absolutely everything to the limits just for the fun of seeing what would let go first. I can say the tips are holding up nicely. And if I need to, I can stab anyone that makes fun of them!

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!