Author Topic: Archery Journeys Project  (Read 2069 times)

Offline BrianS

Archery Journeys Project
« on: June 16, 2021, 11:44:56 am »
Hello Everybody,
Many Groups have been or are starting to record the first hand recollections of their long time older members. I have wanted to do something similar with the group of Archers I know and shoot with. I proposed the idea and it was met with a luke warm at best response. I was going to put my idea away with all my other crazy ideas but thought I would give it at least a try. Not having anyone other than myself willing to be recorded I recorded my own journey over the past 35 plus years of archery. I am not by any means an expert in anything related to archery and I am a average at best shot but it has become a big part of my life. I am still hopeful that some much more interesting longtime archers with much better tales of their own journeys in archery are willing to have the memories of their archery journey recorded. I guess time will tell if the project takes off or dies?
Here are the first two videos in the Archery Journeys series.
Archery Journeys – My Tale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E6KxbnVIhk
Archery Journeys – Hosting 3D Shoots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdYqc8gmwa0
Take care,
brian

Offline pumarchery

Re: Archery Journeys Project
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 07:30:47 am »
Happened across your channel a while back with the intermediate traditional video, this was different but interesting as well for me (: The channel as a whole looks good, I'll be keeping an eye on it for when u upload more we stuff, thanks for sharing!

Offline BrianS

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 09:38:40 am »
Pumarchery,
Thank you for the kind words about the channel. The channel is named after the location of my cabin. I started making videos to put on my channel about 2 years ago. I had zero experience doing it and at my age it was a bit of a challenge for me to learn how to do it. The filming is done on a phone camera or sometimes my gopro camera by myself or my grandson. The editing is done with some very inexpensive software. Both my Grandson and I have fun with it, although he is very camera shy. The channel currently has over 250 videos on it with about 30 archery related, 40 hunting ones, 40 fishing related, 30 Backwoods University videos (a series I started with educational backwoods related stuff geared towards beginners mostly but some go more into depth like the archery video you mentioned) and a bunch of other random backwood topics videos. I try my best to video a honest realistic image of a average outdoorsman. I am proud that everything is family friendly. I am still hopeful that other guys I know will agree to be on The Archery Journey series and tell their stories. I have one guy so far agree to telling his archery tale. People seem to be reluctant to be in a video because of modesty but one day all of the first hand accounts of their archery experiences will all be gone.
Again I appreciate your kind words about the videos. I try to put out one every week. This week I have two Archery ones coming out on Wednesday and Friday. BTW, I do not make any money at any of this and it is just a hobby for me and a way of having some fun with my Grandson who helps me. Not sure how long I will continue making the videos, but for now I am having fun doing it.
Take care,
brian

Offline pumarchery

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 09:28:40 pm »
Brian,
I'm glad to see people like you preserving archer's experiences, it's awesome to see it passed on for young chaps like me. It's always interesting to see how it went for y'all back then, and what u learned n which things u faced along the way. I've also really enjoyed the outdoor content, especially the latest Odds and ends video, i must say that the lighting of the cherry wood fire for Tom was touching, that's a real beautiful way to remember someone. I'll definitely be staying tuned for more, be sure to stay safe out there and ofcourse much good shooting to you. (SH) :)

Kind regards,
Michael from the Netherlands
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 09:32:26 pm by pumarchery »

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 02:06:58 am »
Brian,
You get an "ATTABOY" for your idea!   Those of us who are seniors should be making an oral or video history to pass down to the younger folks!  Some of us are more technologically challenged than others, though!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline BrianS

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 04:44:53 pm »
Michael from the Netherlands and HawkDancer,
Thank you.
brian