Author Topic: It's about time...  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
Re: It's about time...
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 10:00:50 am »
What branch did you serve in?

Offline HH~

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 10:16:54 am »
Was this a Virus fear that you never went to get a haircut?

My younger aunts were Hippies. Never got there hair cut. My uncles after Nam did not get there's cut either and were pissed at being Drafted. They grew long hair too. Listen to to much David Crosby the Hop Head.

My Dad would always beat me when my Mom would tell him "yer kid is out yelling at the Hippies again".  I would go with couple other kids and yell at the hippies driving down the country road or hitchhiking "Stinkin Hippies". Don't think my Aunts showered much, to go with not getting hair cuts.

Mom would tell my Father "you gotta stop lettin him watch those Billy Jack movies, he thinks the Hippies are the problem not the other way round".

Dang Draft Dodgers ruined my childhood.  ;D

HH~
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 07:48:18 am by HH~ »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 10:57:53 am »
I was never in the military. High School ROTC was enough for me. My brother served in Viet Nam, my Dad was JAG in WWII. I was definitely a hippy and proud of it but never physically protested against the war even though I was against it. Actually the hippies helped end the war.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HH~

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 08:03:57 am »
I remember my first Construction foreman about 1980 or so. Even after 25yrs years running with Direct Action guys, guys for CAG and SF old Ralph was a stud. Rode Bikes in the 60's , saw him at shop one day take and lift a 25-30 foot telephone pole off the ground in middle. Guy was a machine and a good bit older than I. One day another guy was talkin bout hippies and Woodstock came up. This fella John said he had gone and actually bought a ticket.
Ralph said " you bought a ticket to that chit show"? John replied "yes" and Ralph just laughed. Later I asked him 'what did you do that week of Woodstock". He said he was riding Harley with the Angels and we stayed to *uk away from the New York thruway.

I grew up with my Aunts and Uncles on my Mom's side coming n goin Hippie style in late 60's and early 70's. So, i got to what why they were stiinkin hippies well. Funny half of the Clinton and Obummer gang were all Stinkin Hippies. My father knew Kerry who lived not far from our place in @assachussets at the Cape, He said always said he was a backstabbing Hippie as I recall sailing or fishing by his place many times.

Da  Hedge
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW