Author Topic: Houston area contacts  (Read 789 times)

Offline Freeflynick

Houston area contacts
« on: June 17, 2020, 12:47:22 pm »
Hello everyone!
My name is Nick, I'm a displaced Scotsman living in Houston and wanted to see who was around this area. I tried posting in the "Primitive Archery Clubs" forum, but there doesn't seem to be much traffic over there.
I wanted to see if there was anyone in my area who would be interested in teaching a relative newbie some tricks of the trade? I live in Jersey Village and have build 5 board bows so far, some more successfully than others! But I think I am at a stage now that watching someone else go through some parts of a build would be very beneficial, and I would really like having someone experienced look at and shoot my bows and give me feedback on what I can do to improve.
If anyone knows of any good resources in the Houston area I would love to hear about them, be it places to buy good quality boards, people willing to mentor or just meet up for a chat over a cold beer, or directions to that secret osage forest! I got some nice ipe from Houston Hardwoods, so that will probably be my go-to supplier until I find some staves to try out.
Anyway - I appreciate any input you can give me to help me out on this journey!
Cheers,
Nick