Author Topic: My Top 6 knife picks  (Read 1111 times)

Offline BrianS

My Top 6 knife picks
« on: April 01, 2020, 11:44:33 am »
Hello Everyone,
Furloughed from work. Took the truck in for service. Stuck at home so I put together this video about my top six knife picks from my collection of fixed blades and folders. Not saying these are the finest blades in the world or they are meant for everything and everyone. Just my picks of my favorites.
Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG_gWKDpnk4

Take care and be safe everyone,
Brian

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: My Top 6 knife picks
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 04:25:05 pm »
Nice collection, I see you like knives as much as I do. :) Nice picks also but I would have to had added the Buck 112 to my folding knife pick :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 07:21:16 am »
Pappy,
The 112 and 110 are both classics. I really like the older ones. When I was younger, everyone had one.
Have you ever heard the story about why Buck started making the 112? It goes something like this.
The 110 could be found on a lot of sailor's belts in the Navy. One day, a couple of soldiers got into a fight and the 110 Folding Hunter was used. As a result, the captain issued a decree that knives carried could not have a blade length of a certain size. The 110 ended up being too long, so Buck Knives took the initiative and created the 112, a smaller version of the 110.
Not sure if the story is true or maybe it is just a story?
Take care,
Brian

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 07:45:44 am »
Nice collection. I have lost just about every pocket knife I have ever owned,lol so I buy those $10.00 little Gerber folders and carry one of them. I think you have one like it in your collection.  I do have one nice custom folder and a few custom fixed blade knives but they stay hid.