Author Topic: Is it appropriate to talk about store bought bows here?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Canuck Bob

Is it appropriate to talk about store bought bows here?
« on: March 08, 2020, 08:50:28 pm »
Just found out my rifle range installed a bow range.  Now I can shoot my rocklock and some arrows too! I'm considering gearing up as an active archer while I learn to build.

This forum is very generous and knowledgeable and I'm hoping to ask about store bought traditional bows, no wheels, sights, plungers and carbon arrows, maybe a recurve?

Offline PatM

Re: Is it appropriate to talk about store bought bows here?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 09:14:28 pm »
 This is not the place for that.  Hardly anyone here would be conversant in that, or wouldn't admit to it. :)

Offline Canuck Bob

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 09:53:58 pm »
Thanks, a trip over to 3 Rivers site educated me.  My eyes are bigger than my wallet! 

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 09:57:11 pm »
Bob where do you live?

Offline bassman

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 05:43:10 am »
Go to stick bow.com.,and leather wall.Their you will learn what you need to know about store bought bows.Their is a wealth of knowledge pertaining to the bows you are interested in.Every thing from old vintage bows to new ILF,and super recurves.

Offline Canuck Bob

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 11:51:39 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I live in Canada.  Calgary Alberta, a hunters paradise though that boat has sailed for me.  Thanks for the site references. 

bownarra

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 01:33:12 am »
You could make a decent bow in a day or two. It isn't that hard - just jump in. Maybe buy some staves instead of a store bought bow?