Author Topic: Not so primitive hunt!  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Not so primitive hunt!
« on: October 29, 2018, 10:10:00 pm »
OK!  It was rifle season, we had a heck of a time getting sighted in even at 100 yards, finally got pretty close with our .308's, still don't have a clue where the .58 flintlock is shooting at any range!  We. We're a bit late getting to the area we wanted to hunt, and saw a small bunch of does, just on the fringe of safe shooting, then met up with some other Hunter's who had filled their buck tags who were watching the same does.  They told us there were several more  does just over the ridge line a couple hundred yards down the trail.  After some conversation and congratulations, we proceeded down the jeep trail, and then started a stalk.  Little Fiddle Woman spotted a doe at about 60-70 yards and was able to get a broadside shot, doe ran about 60-70 yards and fell about 10 yards off the trail.  Pics are on her camera, will try to get them posted.  Had to make a coup de grace to put the doe down completely!  Mule deer probably about 130 - 140 lbs, based on the carcass weight.  Plan to brain tan the hide and harvest the sinew.  I got to get busy, she is making more meat than I am!  On the other hand. I taught her how to shoot, and hunt!  She's a darned good dancer, too - not to mention one hellacious good fiddle player!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: Not so primitive hunt!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 04:54:13 am »
Give her my hearty Congratulations Jerry.  :OK

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 07:17:41 am »
Sounds like you both had a great hunt. congrats!!

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 08:46:44 am »
Awesome   :-M :-D That will be an unforgettable memory.
 Don't forget to salt the tail and incorporate in some craft/art. :o
I hope we get to see some smiles in your pics (-P
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 04:56:18 am »
Congrats to her and look forward to the pictures. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good