Author Topic: My wife went shopping today....  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: My wife went shopping today....
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 07:58:25 am »
Cool, Clint. Rescue dogs appreciate their rescuers. We rescued a 5 1/2 month old, 17#, scrawny, scarred pup about a year and a half ago and she has bloomed into a great 55# dog even going so far as running bears away from the deer and bird feeders and keeping most of the local squirrels treed. Just like our Maggie, this new pup of y'all's will be a great addition to the family.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 03:30:10 pm »
She's a sweetheart.  When I walked in the front door her tail started wagging like crazy.  When you look into her eyes you get the feeling that she's had a rough life so far and all she wants is someone to love her.  I think she will fit in just fine with our family.

That tail wag says it all. I doubt she fully understood the entirety of the situation, but was joyful that she was leaving with someone.  The photos of her zonked out on the couch tells me she's not scared of her surroundings because she trusts enough to stretch out. She hit the lottery...BIGLY!  You can put her picture in the dictionary under "lucky".

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 11:44:21 pm »
She has decided that you have the right kind of place, especially since the puppy is there!  If and when you cross over, they will be waiting for you to blow the hunting horn!!  She looks pretty smart, and will hunt 'em up, rabbits, squirrels, maybe even birds, and she may be smart enough to call for help on bear and lions!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 10:31:12 am »
Nothing better than a rescue dog in my opinion. We have two and they are my two best buddies!

Offline Stoker

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 12:43:15 pm »
Cool.. Another lucky mutt.. Good on your family.. My rescue Pearl just turned 2 last week.. Time flies
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 03:26:16 pm »
Good on The Wife, sir!
Now ... lose that pink collar.    >:D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2018, 03:34:43 pm »
Good on The Wife, sir!
Now ... lose that pink collar.    >:D

It matches your cooler!
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 09:17:18 pm »
Dang, he's correct!
But . . . . pink cooler for senior citizen is one thing. Pink collar on a TERRIER is quite another!
 ;)

ps ... showed wire fox terriers for number of years.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857