Author Topic: Boys, I'm out  (Read 4826 times)

Offline Zuma

Re: Boys, I'm out
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 09:17:14 pm »
Nice save on Obi Wan Kenobi in the last pic.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 11:23:14 pm »
Come on!  We military types would likely call it hand to hand combat - or a "dumb attack". Those darn dumbs is dangerous. >:D  Btw, a tear gas grenade has -2 second fuse!!  Trust me on that one!  Been there done that!  I'm a bit too far off to offer any hands on aid, but the thought is there.  I know the healing process and the therapy regimen - just had my thumb rebuilt last winter, almost back to full function, but can sure tel, weather changes!  Keep us posted, and if it hurts when you do that - don't do that.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Stoker

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 04:58:20 pm »
Feel your pain.. Looped off a chuck of my left driving waving finger almost a year ago.. Ole table saw incident.. Takes time.. Listen to the pros they know best..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 06:40:59 pm »
Thanks Paul. I'm taking it all in stride. It does make for a cool story for my students. My versions change depending on what class I'm teaching. For example, k-2 goes something like this. I was rescuing kittens from a burning building and got hurt. Grades 3-5 is I got hurt shattering bricks in my dojo. And of course grades 6-8 is that I thwarted some muggers from attacking an old lady. I have to make the best of it somehow.  JW thanks for the offer

I've taught all those grades except Kindergarten, so I find your explanations particularly amusing!  :laugh:
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 10:34:12 pm »
Well I had my first round of PT today with good results and exercises to take home and do everyday for a few weeks. In fact, they believe I'm healing just fine but need to not be overly confident I'm still at the "fragile" stage where lifting small things like coffee cups is a no no. Round two is coming up shortly. JW I may have to stop by for a cup of coffee.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 04:04:23 am »
Ouch... coulda been worse... it coulda been me >:D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Stringman

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 08:09:34 am »
Huh, butt wiping hand eh?!?

May wanna rethink that offer Jdub..

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 08:18:41 am »
Yes that looks like a nasty cut.It's good you can do the PT at home.Get well soon wishes.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 01:32:01 pm »
Huh, butt wiping hand eh?!?

May wanna rethink that offer Jdub..

I will next day air mail him some corncobs on broken arrow shafts!

Yeah, ain't I a real friend?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 05:31:29 pm »
Interesting visual Scott. But than, being ambidextrous has it's advantages. No need for the corncobs Jon