Author Topic: fishing the last weekend before deer season starts  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Ed Brooks

fishing the last weekend before deer season starts
« on: August 28, 2017, 12:56:16 pm »
Went out  )F( salmon fishing with a buddy, I haven't seen in 3 yrs, dang life moves too fast some times. We never got any salmon but had fun and got caught up.
Got a couple pics of Mt. Rainier and I got three fish on a two hook set up. These are dog sharks or sand sharks. We never kept any or I'd have some skins  :(. The two on the out side were hooked and the middle one got lassoed. all three were released alive and well. Thanks for looking. Ed Brooks
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: fishing the last weekend before deer season starts
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 02:44:37 pm »
My brother is out  off Longbeach gillnetting as we speak.

A day fishing and catching up is always a day well spent.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 06:04:41 pm »
Looks like a beautiful day. Thanks for sharing the pics!
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 11:39:29 am »
Nice day on the water, Ed. Just like our Great Lakes, except we are saltwater and shark free :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 11:55:36 am »
Nice to be on the water.. Got out to the coast this year off Vancouver Island.. Good for this prairie boys soul.. Probably won't get to bow hunt neither due to dry conditions..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 12:41:32 pm »
Sharks/dogfish ruin setups more times than I can count! Not to mention the salmon sharks, which I actually enjoy catching. The run up the Columbia this year was so piss pour I didn't even bother to pull the boat out. And hitting up bouy 10 was out of the question sense it's so damn crowded!
Either way I'm sure it was nice chillin with you buddy if nothing else. Keep it up!
Clatskanie, Oregon