Author Topic: Taking pictures  (Read 798 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Taking pictures
« on: March 16, 2017, 10:01:58 am »
I guess you all have noticed I post a bunch of pictures with my "how to" posts, I thought I would share with you what camera I use.

Back about 30 years ago when digital cameras just came I bought a model DX4530 Kodak digital, it cost $450 at the time. This was before they came out with these little piece of junk point and shoot cameras, my Kodak was built like a tank and was reputed to have a Leica lense. I carried this camera everywhere for years and it never failed me.

About 5 or 6 years ago my camera gave up the ghost, I bought my wife several of the new point and shoot cameras and they were all junk. My camera was a 5 MP and took much clearer pictures than her 15 MP cameras.

I wanted another just like I had and turned to Fleabay, the place was covered with DX4530s, some broken, some well worn and some pristine. I bought one for $19 then wanting a back up and watching the auctions a little closer bought my next for 99 cents, both are great cameras.

Kodak quit supporting their products so my dock and charger quit working. I switched to a Play Memories program to download and edit pictures which is superior to the old Kodak program. I use AA batteries instead of the rechargeable ones that came with the camera, quick and easy to change out when they go dead.

Anyway, long story but an explanation on why you guys see so many pictures from me and how I do it.

My el cheapo camera;

Offline Zuma

Re: Taking pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 11:05:49 pm »
 :) :) Thanks for taking the time Ed.
I am unhappy with the latest Sony I bought
and wish I could get my old Sanyo fixed.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.