Author Topic: Measuring Bow Weight ?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: Measuring Bow Weight ?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 06:41:58 pm »
wow,,,my head hurts now,,  :)

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 06:55:22 pm »
I know Brad it's kinda hard for me to wrap my brain around too , but the more I think about it if the scale is zeroed out then it's pretending the extra 2 lbs are not even there and if your pulling 45 lb then that's the actual weight & it's just the finger hook thing  Woosh !!  :-\
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline willie

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 07:03:43 pm »
sounds right to me Badger.

I zero my scale for the weight of the scale hanging on the string. When you hang the scale on the string it will register the weight of the scale before you even pull your bow,

when Pappy says "zero" I think he means to say that he is setting the tare to the weight of the scale like what Badger described.

If your electronic scale only allows you to truly zero, then you might have to hang it upside down.

Hows your head now, bradsmith ;D

Actually, I do like Pappys set-up with the leather tab three fingers wide.

Del, if I can get good repeatability on a known weight of 50#, that's good enough for me. The digital age does have a lot of dubious implied precision, like the bike shop that insisted I should have a digital tire pressure gage. they are more accurate you know. ;)

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 07:13:05 pm »
Ok that makes sense because this scale senses what the tare is automatically & zeros it is supposed to be supper accurate for commercial use & all that good stuff  so I will look in the manual and see if there is a way to not have it zero the tare  other wise I will just weight the scale & incorporate that to the weight , not trying to give you a migraine Brad  ;D
If you fear failure you will never Try !