Author Topic: Got my Dec PA magazine  (Read 1893 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Got my Dec PA magazine
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:07:26 pm »
Got home last night and my new PA magazine was in the "library". I read a couple articles, I've only been getting them since March but I really enjoyed this one more than the previous ones I've gotten. I enjoyed the hunting Q&A and always enjoy Marc. and really enjoyed some of the I believe "new" author's many from the PA site. I haven't read the whole magazine yet but I already feel I've  gotten my $ worth from this one. Thanks to anyone who sent in articles I really think that's the direction we need to keep this magazine interesting. I didn't get to the muzzle loader articles yet I really don't have one and am more interested with bow, arrows, atlatl, hawks and hand tools of all types. I have no objection to muzzle loader articles as long as it just makes the magazine a little thicker and doesn't take away from the rest. So far so good. I might even try to submit a article myself if can get it out of my head and on computer with out boreing everyone to sleep. I hope others do too. I believe there are some very interesting writers on this site, I read here more than anywhere.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buffalogobbler

Re: Got my Dec PA magazine
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 01:55:39 pm »
BJ,
GO FOR IT!
Writing an article about a topic that you really care about and then seeing it in print is an awesome experience!
The editors and staff at PA are very easy to work with and they do a fantastic job.
Be careful though, writing an article and then seeing it printed in a great magazine like PA can be addicting, They've printed  4 of my articles so far, I have another almost ready for submission and there are several more in the works.
I'll be watching future issues for an article authored by bjrogg!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 02:41:11 pm »
I have only had time to skim through my copy but the article about my friend Davey caught my eye.  Kevin, I'll have to get you and him to autograph my copy at the Classic. 

I've got about half of an article written down.  I'll get around to finishing it sometime.  I have an idea for another story.  I'll need to take some notes and get some pictures before I can finish it.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 04:31:18 pm »
It's always a good magazine, especially with Patrick Blanks Q and A.  Now they added our friend Ryan Gill's Q and A and it has made this magazine all that much better.  Both Patrick and Ryan are gifted in their field. 

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:12:23 pm »
I agree Jeb, I like Patrick, Marc, and Ryan.
Clint, I'd be real interested in what's rolling around in your brain for a story. I bet it's good 👍Get er done I want to read it.😊
Kevin, I liked your story it was one of the ones I read so far. Thanks for the encouragement. I've been thinking about writing to my other favorite magazine ( only get two) for years. I need to start working at it instead of just thinking about it. So many things to do before I go.
Bjrogg

Stringman

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 10:07:42 pm »
I just sent my elk hunt story yesterday. Time will tell if it gets printed.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 10:12:26 pm »
Oh yea that's what I'm talking about Scott. I just love reading stories about all the stuff we enjoy doing. Good for you Scott I sure hope they put it in the next issue.
Bjrogg

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 10:20:25 am »
Scott,
Good luck, you'll know if it's accepted because they will send you a contract to sign in the next few days. After that you'll have to wait some time, my guess is they already have articles for the next issue in the works, I've had to wait several months to a year before my articles were printed.If your article is  related to a certain time of year, such as autumn or winter they will probably print it then. No matter when it comes out, it's always worth the wait.
I'll be looking forward to seeing your article.

Kevin

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 06:26:03 am »
I got mine also, very good one again. Kevin , nice job on yours, I really enjoyed them. :) Look forward to seeing yours Scott, sometimes they will wait until he right time of years as Kevin said before printing.
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PNewton

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 01:00:37 pm »
Excellent issue, with lots of good stories. I really enjoyed the 2 by buffalogobbler.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 01:34:28 pm »
Great work, Kevin. I like reading your writings. And yes, I was cheering for Chuck the whole time :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 02:27:57 pm »
It's my favorite one for a while now. I like it so much I wrote a letter to Ed and posted in the magazine section. They ended the year and started the new year on the right track for sure. This issue is definitely a GOODER!! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 08:17:12 am »
Thank you for the kind words guys, I love writing the articles and plan to do more.

Kevin