Author Topic: knapped hafted shooted  (Read 2216 times)

Offline GlisGlis

knapped hafted shooted
« on: November 09, 2016, 06:52:27 am »
hafted  3 glass points I made then shooted side by side with fields point arrows and a steel trade point one.
First time I shoot my knapped points
Results are very good.
Glass points penetration is comparable with steel trade point and superior to fields points (not big new I know   :) )
The interesting points is they are more solid than I thought at first.
I had them hit the dirt several times before turning real damaged.
One hit the small trunk you see in the picture deeply driving into the wood. The vegetable fibre binding failed and the foreshaft split in two. the glass point only lost a really small portion of the point. easily repairable.

I'm now a believer  :D

Offline Zuma

Re: knapped hafted shooted
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 11:33:35 am »
Kudos,  8) looks like you are ready for the hunt. :)
Nice looking arrow and haft.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 11:51:50 pm »
I've hit a few trees now and each one just became a grouse arrow. Very minimal damage. Hit some rocks too the head just turned to dust! I'm excited to see how they do on bone and muscle 😁
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Stringman

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 10:59:26 am »
Stone does fine on bone.

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 09:24:19 pm »
Glisglis, why is the box showing only a round hole cut for the shaft? How did the glass arrowhead get through?

WA

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 10:31:56 am »
He shot it backwards to avoid breaking it. That is the entry hole, but the nock didn't penetrate that well

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 12:50:29 pm »
He shot it backwards to avoid breaking it. That is the entry hole, but the nock didn't penetrate that well

lol   ;D ;D ;D  you discovered my trick  ;D ;D ;D

@Chippintuff  I dont know exactly but I can assure you that the arrow was shot with that arrowhead.
the glass head is not that large (maybe twice as the shaft).probably the cardboard was reshaped when the thicker shaft passed trough