Author Topic: Beaded Quiver Question  (Read 3023 times)

Offline clewis

Beaded Quiver Question
« on: October 19, 2016, 10:58:12 am »
I started a quiver a while ago with scrap leather I had laying around and did some bead work on it but haven't finished. I would like some honest very critical feedback on the beading pattern as I am not really liking it and having a hard time envisioning the finished product. My plan is to continue the same scheme on the bottom of the quiver but scaled down somewhat. I'm curious to see how it would turn out but don't feel like putting in hours of work just to take it apart and reuse the beads. Both ends will have fringe and the top is lined with red felt and bottom will go without I'm thinking.
Please any feedback will really help.

Thanks

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Beaded Quiver Question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 11:16:33 am »
I would just cut the fringe on the top and leave the bottom as it is. Just like with bow building, knowing when to stop is as important. Sometimes too much detracts from the overall appearance.
 I like your design and how it looks on the quiver. Adding the fringe should set it off nicely.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline clewis

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 11:20:16 am »
Thanks Pat, I was watching a lot of hockey when I started and it resembles the Canadians logo a bit. Funny how the subconscious works lol I think that's why im not liking it much. Nothing against the habs though.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 04:52:59 pm »
I agree with Pat, but i think i would add some abalone shell buttons evenly spaced around the red section but thats just me
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Stoker

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 07:23:38 pm »
Thanks Pat, I was watching a lot of hockey when I started and it resembles the Canadians logo a bit. Funny how the subconscious works lol I think that's why im not liking it much. Nothing against the habs though.

Looks good.. But a Leafs motif would be nicer  ;)
Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline jayman448

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 09:03:25 pm »
leafs???? no way. the Jets!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 11:22:29 am »
Nice job...Good straight lines.Like the geometric design and colors.They're right...Sometimes too much bling takes away from the overall simplicity and beauty of a project.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 12:14:06 pm »
Oh BTW.....That'll be a very nice quiver when done I'd expect.I always think when decorating how much abuse the quiver can take and not lose any beadwork or decoration in the brush etc.Maybe I'm just too practical.
Many a time I've had to tear everything apart to start over because I did'nt like it.Each to his own I say.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed