Author Topic: Requesting a new thread: Build A-long for your bow-jam!  (Read 1424 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Requesting a new thread: Build A-long for your bow-jam!
« on: September 28, 2016, 12:32:59 pm »
Iowabow hosted his first ever Mini IowaJam years back and I attended.  It was great.  I read about other people's small, medium, and large events with gusto and never grow tired of them.  Lots of others do too, quietly telling themselves "someday" they will go to one or host their own. 

Well, how about a thread dedicated to BUILD A-LONG JAMS? We can share tips and tricks that help organize and simplify having one of these community events. As everyone knows, these events always seem to draw new people to our craft, too.  And as people see that it is not an overwhelming organizational nightmare, they may be encouraged to hold their own.   

Iowabow?  WizGoat and TopPredator? Others? I am sure Pappy can throw in a few good pointers, seeing how he hosts one of the premier events!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Requesting a new thread: Build A-long for your bow-jam!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 02:51:05 pm »
I tried to hold two back in the 90s, 4 of us experienced guys trying show about a half dozen newbies the ropes, I couldn't get the newbies to touch a thing. They would all back off and say "I might mess something up". Like I said, I tried twice with the same results. My friend Buzz tried the same thing abut 50 miles away and had the same response from the "onlookers".