Author Topic: Some glass fun!  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Knotty

• Don't regret your past, learn from it.
Some glass fun!
« on: July 23, 2016, 04:12:29 pm »
As the title says, got a bottom off a beer bottle and got my tools out!

Hey everyone, how's it going?

Here's my latest experience with Glass, managed to get a small point off of a beer bottle bottom,
I'm still no expert at this and getting the curves out of it was not an easy task, but everything went fine at the end.

Finished up with this nice Heart looking point, which I'll probably add notches to .. Later on.

As you can see, already starting to get my few cuts , that's the price you gotta pay for some nice points I guess!

I consider this to be my best point so far, I finally got to a decent amount of scarification on the point and that made me quite happy!

See ya soon with some more work 😊
~Isaia

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Some glass fun!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 04:13:44 pm »
Oh, you Knotty boy! And just how did you come into possession of an EMPTY beer bottle???
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Knotty

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 04:16:22 pm »
Hahaha, well I happen to have quite a few EMPTY beer bottles in my backyard .. My uncle used to have a few parties here , BBQ and beer.. 😉
~Isaia

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 08:24:49 am »
I can see progress there Knotty. The notching is another acquired skill I can't tell you how many points I broke or ruined notching. Seems like when you get better you get fussier and what would have been good point isn't good enough till you ruin it lol. Keep chipping
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Stringman

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 08:29:38 am »
Nice point Isaia

Offline Knotty

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 11:43:59 am »
Thanks guys, and yes, I have a feeling I may break it when notching since it's small and the notches would be near the "heart" curves 😆
~Isaia