Author Topic: Michigan weather  (Read 1476 times)

Offline JEB

Michigan weather
« on: June 16, 2016, 10:03:12 am »
We got lit up here on the west coast of Michigan. Just in my neighborhood alone I saw two trucks and one car with large oak trees laying on them, houses with trees on them and many still without power. Wife and I were lucky this time around.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Michigan weather
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:09:46 am »
I heard it from 2 hours away Jon, but nothing here except rain. And we needed that.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:23:13 am »
We're getting the rain by Lake Huron now. A nice steady rain that the crops need.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 10:52:21 am »
Glad to hear you are safe and lucky :)
Did you get good weather reports before
 the storm?
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 11:13:10 am »
Good to hear it missed you personally.I always hate this overly hot weather.Seems to always lead to something bad happening with a change of temp.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

JacksonCash

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 12:49:43 pm »
Got rain all morning, it's tapered off now. We definitely needed it.

Offline JEB

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 06:51:39 pm »
Don we got real good reports from the news feed. We live 3 blocks from Lake Michigan and the lake was so rough that it sounded like a train going by. Never heard it that loud in all the years we have lived here. I moved our pick up to the back yard where there were no trees as a "just in case".  Chris we got around 1 " of rain last night. This weather wasn't as bad as the 2000 storm. That year the straight wind buckled our garage door.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 09:07:33 pm »
Hate to hear that guys, I got three inches in 3 hours when that little tropical storm brushed by us.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 10:09:15 pm »
we finally got some rain down here in southern mich, all the heavy stuff has went nort  or an hour south. Jeb , glad that your safe.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 10:49:35 pm »
We got anywhere from 1" nice and slow to 2.8" water laying in the fields just with in a couple miles.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 11:00:25 pm »
Woke me up a few times last night, but it was tamed down by the time it hit Grand Rapids.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 03:30:36 am »
I'm just West of Flint. Just had a nice easy soaker here - We could have used more, it's been so dry. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 06:48:05 am »
Glad all my yankee buddies are good and safe, I seen it coming across and thought it might be bad, we had some pretty bad ones he also Wed. evening but they kind of split and weakened, wasn't bad at all at the house and farm. :) Just very hot and humid, supposed to cool a little over the weekend, not so  much in temperature but the humidity is supposed to be much lower and that is a good thing.   ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RyanR

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 09:41:20 pm »
I heard it was a pretty bad storm. A guy I work with had his fence get knocked down. I guess it was quite a light show. I actually slept through the whole thing. LOL I am about 10 miles from the lake so the winds weren't quite as bad.