Author Topic: Need advice on an AR 10 please  (Read 991 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Need advice on an AR 10 please
« on: June 15, 2016, 11:35:30 pm »
Hello. My brother is looking to get an AR 10. Here are the specs and comments from the seller. Your input and opinions would be much appreciated. Neither one of us know much about AR type rifles.

"Armalite upper and lower cerakoted in FDE, 20 " ballistic advantage barrel, 15 " Midwest industries handguard, JL billet muzzle break, magpul PRS stock, nikon M series 308 optics, fab defense grip, 10 and 20 round mag, I forget what trigger group I have in this one.

Shoots great, less than 100 rds. Just didn't like it as much as I thought I might. I still prefer my bolt action

I spent about 8 months saving for parts and building it. I have around 2700 in it. But my loss is someone else's gain"

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Need advice on an AR 10 please
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 12:21:12 am »
If he put that much in it and the price is right for your brother then I would grab it up. I put just under 9 in an AR-10 and a little less in a AR-15.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 04:29:02 am »
Only advice I can give is that if he want one he better by it now. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 09:02:48 am »
I was talking to a gunsmith friend yesterday, he expects another run on ARs and price spiking because of the current political climate. He found a great deal on ARs in Arkansas and bought three "just in case".

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 09:24:01 am »
That's not a terrible price at all for a good 308. I recognized all of those names except for Midwest as good name brands so there was definitely effort put into it, and hell for the first time in a LONG time I think bulk 308 is cheaper than 7.62 right now so yeah, have fun!

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 10:25:00 am »
That's not a terrible price at all for a good 308. I recognized all of those names except for Midwest as good name brands so there was definitely effort put into it, and hell for the first time in a LONG time I think bulk 308 is cheaper than 7.62 right now so yeah, have fun!

I remember when I bought my 7.62, I could buy 500 rounds for under $50.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 11:21:21 am »
Personally I don't even shoot a .22 cal hardly anymore since making bows,but like Pappy said get it while you can.This country's going south little by little,but they can't stop us from making our own bows by God.
I had a Sharps once.An original Montana made one.Had 2800 into it with all the frills.Heck of a gun.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed