Author Topic: Knapping Demo at Mission Tejas State Park  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Chippintuff

Knapping Demo at Mission Tejas State Park
« on: April 10, 2016, 12:32:15 am »
There will be a Folk Festival at the Mission Tejas State Park, 10 miles west of Alto, TX on Hwy 21. The address is 120 Park Rd. 44, Grapeland, TX 75844.

They have requested knappers to do knapping demos.

The event lasts all day on April 23, 2016.

Just tell them you are a knapper, and there is no charge. They do require signing one simple form.

Free meal.

I would like to have some company. Let me know if you plan to come. I've not been to any of their prior events, so I can't say what all they do there.

WA

Offline Tower

Re: Knapping Demo at Mission Tejas State Park
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 05:56:24 pm »
Dang, that's just too far . I'll be heading to the classic a few days after that.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 06:16:43 pm »
Thanks Don for considering.

WA

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 08:33:50 pm »
This is just a reminder that the knapping demo will be this coming Saturday. Alan Shadow and VV Turner may be there with me. If you can do it, come on and join in on the fun.

WA

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 11:26:37 pm »
Three of us did the knapping demo at the Mission Tejas Folk Festival about 12 miles west of Alto, TX on Hwy 21. It was my first time to meet Buckchaser (Keith Tindell). He is a top notch knapper using techniques he has perfected well. VV Turner would have been there, but a wedding got in the way. Alan Shadow was there. We had a chipping good time.

There was a steady stream of people showing a lot of interest. They had questions ranging all over the knapping subject. They were from the very young to the old folks like me. If possible, join us next April, 4th Saturday in the month.

WA

Offline iowabow

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 05:45:59 am »
Good to see ya doing demos and passing it on!
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!