Author Topic: Cabelas f-glass fly rods  (Read 2156 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Cabelas f-glass fly rods
« on: April 15, 2016, 12:21:40 pm »
I know there are a bunch of fly guys on here. That being said Cabela's has their CGR rods half off right now. They are excellent rods for the money. Just a heads up fly guys looking for a deal of the century. They often sell them a few bucks off, but I've never seen them half off.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Parnell

Re: Cabelas f-glass fly rods
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 12:34:01 pm »
What's their warrantee like, Chris?  I've snapped Orvis rods and they replace them.  25 year absolute guarantee.  Expensive, but IMO worth it.  I'd love to pick up a little 3 weight packable rod, though...
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 12:36:16 pm »
I think its 1 year Steve-O.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 06:52:23 pm »
I saw the fly fishing sale at my "local"(4 hours away) cabelas. Was kicking myself till I remembered the awesome warranty on my redington. Makes my fingers not twitch to grab my card and buy more fly stuff.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 09:35:30 pm »
Most of those high end rods with the insane price tags, cost so much because you're paying for a future replacement(or 2) when you buy the first one. Having seen what can go wrong on a fishing trip, it's not a bad deal to go for the extended warranty especially if disaster prone or even fishing rough terrain.

My backup steelhead rod is a cabela's one from the 80's my wife snagged at a yard sale for $10. It was my #1 for quite a few years before I came across my Redington in the classifieds.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 10:00:56 pm »
Thanks for heads up, Pearl! I nearly always delete these "sale" emails without opening 'em up.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857