Author Topic: sinew back osage with art in progress,many pics added with full draw  (Read 9860 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: sinew back osage with art in progress,many pics added with full draw
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 12:54:46 am »
Nice piece of osage.Shows you like detail.Those turkeys got great eyes.Marry up to it shooting it a lot and look out turkeys.What spine arrows you shooting?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 05:09:57 am »
Fantastic

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2016, 07:31:46 am »
Looks like B50 for a string?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2016, 12:33:31 pm »
thank you Sixstones, means alot that you remember those shows in a positive way,, I really tried to represent traditional archers in the most positive way
thanks Pat B,, I hope the turkeys think its cool :)
Beadman,, I am shooting 55-60 out of it,,I have shot some birch, cedar, and sitka spruce, it does not seem to be finicky at all,
I am drawing 25 inches, but the arrows are 28 to 30,, I think the longer arrows are a little more forgiving for me,, my release is not always the best,,it will shoot the 60 65 cut to 28,,as well,, I usually shoot alot of different arrows and see what the bow likes the best, and put my broad heads on that for hunt,,so I am experimenting as I shoot the bow in,, its all fun, :)I definitely need to marry up to it, and just shoot it for a while,, need to become one with that bow to kill a turkey,,
yes that is my b 50  string,, in the pics,, I did shoot it with a fast flight string too, and it shot well,, I just couldn't find that string when I took the photos :)  somehow things get lost even though I haven't left the room,, I think I am getting old :)
Red Tail Hawk, thanks for the positive input,,  I am still thinking on handle and overlays,, but think I will just shoot it a bit and hope it "comes to me"

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2016, 05:28:45 pm »
Wow...  Very nice work sir.

OneBow

mikekeswick

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2016, 03:49:05 am »
The mid limbs are probably bending about as much as you would want.
Personally i'd work into the handle a bit, you could run a gizmo along the belly moving towards the handle to help you decide where to take a bit of meat off if you weren't sure. 27inch should be do'able.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2016, 06:58:32 am »
Tiller looks good to me , and it shoots good for you ,sweeet.
the art work is above and beyond
Go kill your turkey
Have fun
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2016, 01:16:51 pm »
Mikekeswick,,I think you are right
the backset in then handle has been tricky for me
I have not put finish on the belly so my option is open for that, thanks for your input,,
I am at a cross roads,, I am not sure if I want to loose any weight at the 25 inch draw,,,maybe a nice compromise would be to take some off into the handle and just go to 26 to keep the weight,,
thanks Buckeye and and Onebowonder,,it is shooting really great,, so I am not sure if I will how much tweaking I may do,, it is holding a nice unbraced profile,,if I want to go to 27,, taking off into the handle would be where I would start,,thanks again for the positive input everyone,, B

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2016, 08:54:30 am »
Brad I don't think you will lose much getting the handle and fades moving a bit more. It will make the sinew work harder and keep your mid limbs in better shape for the long haul.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2016, 12:26:38 pm »
thanks Pearl,, I started taking off some there yesterday,,If I loose a bit its ok, I was just getting neurotic,,and thinking way to much about it,, :)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2016, 01:05:51 pm »
very nice, I really like your bow,..and also the artwork, very tastefull
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......