Author Topic: the very first bow and arrow....  (Read 2671 times)

riverrat

the very first bow and arrow....
« on: December 04, 2015, 04:56:43 pm »
ever wonder how the very first bow and arrow came about?i think of that sometimes. and was it a man or a woman who shot it or came up with it. sometimes i wonder if it didnt happin like this........wayyyyy back, way wayyyyy back some guy was trying to get a fire lit with a bow drill. it was cold and he was getting frustrated. his wife noticed this as she was stitching up some leggings of his.he gets a coal and sticks it in the birds nest. yells to his wife "woman, go get me some fire wood fast!" she takes a deep breath, puts down the sewing project and gathers some wood. he yells hurry up its going to go out! she drags a bunch of dry wood to him he grabs it away without even a thank you and starts his fire going good. mean while shes steaming and scheming. thinkin, hmmm like to hit him with this switch...then ahhhhh angels start singing in harmony and she sticks that switch onto the string and zip thud, her old man starts grabbing at his back. " woman that hurt , what you do?" she shows him by shooting at the fire. he grabs it away and tells her. "im taking this, you might hurt someone with it. " he leaves....finds a few of his best buds says " hey man, check this out! lol i bet thats how it went lol Tony

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: the very first bow and arrow....
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 05:02:12 pm »
I believe you have as much evidence back that up as anyone has for their theory!  I'll buy that.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 05:08:26 pm »
From what I understand bows happened all over the world about 12000 years ago, at the same time, except for Australia and the Antarctic. How?  Why?  you'll have to ask that woman.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jayman448

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 05:39:28 pm »
Im more interested in how fletchings came to be. As if the first arrows sucked and mr cave man went. "Da feather make a birdy fly. Da feather make da arrow fly. Cmere birdy!!!" Haha

riverrat

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 06:51:58 pm »
you know Jayman you might to be on to something there. think on it, a lot of stuff was done as medicin. maybe tieing feathers to a arrow was good medicin for flight. everytime theyd tie it to the front maybe it flipped around in flight. then they figgured ha, tie it to the back .....and then them angels started that singing again. lol guy would be like " ha, i am man i did this..." "what honey, oh nothing i was just talking to my buds..". lol

Offline Doc

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 09:08:12 pm »
I'm not buying any of that. Those folks 12000 years ago were all incredibly smart. All the dumb ones had a very very short life!!!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 10:12:42 pm »
From what I understand bows happened all over the world about 12000 years ago, at the same time, except for Australia and the Antarctic. How?  Why?  you'll have to ask that woman.  ;)

Well, you know how it is, tell a woman........ and the whole world knows....... ::)
                                   Wayne

Offline jayman448

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 12:49:57 am »
sure they were smart. but it still wouldnt have been common knowledge till it was made common knowledge. the first of anything must have been stumbled upon ether by accident or by trial and error. i mean im sure the first to discover gunpowder was the guy who watched his buddy blow up XD. haha.  so they ether had a lot of fake it till you make its, or knowledge from higher beings (be it God or aliens or what ever you believe)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 07:41:50 am »
Well as we have read in another thread buy a self proclaimed authority that the atlatl atlatl sucked  >:D >:D  ;) :)so I think it was God giving them something much better to hunt with. ;)  :) That's my story and I am sticking to it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 07:37:54 pm »
Well as we have read in another thread buy a self proclaimed authority that the atlatl atlatl sucked  >:D >:D  ;) :)so I think it was God giving them something much better to hunt with. ;)  :) That's my story and I am sticking to it. :)
 Pappy

Pappy!  YOU OWE ME A GLASS OF FINE SINGLE MALT SCOTCH! I just blew most of it thru my nose and spilled the rest on the floor laughing!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.