Author Topic: Advice on what to do to my osage  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Advice on what to do to my osage
« on: October 28, 2015, 05:40:09 pm »
Well I took the advice and got my bottom limb bending better, while I was at it I left my outer limbs on each a little stuff so it'd hopefully help with speed and vibrations. Dunno if that's true but it seems to shoot a bit sweeter now. Drawing 50@26-27 whatever I'm drawing, just using a handheld scale. But now I'm thinking of straightening the bend in the handle then doing a wrap with hemp cord and Massey finish. My question to you all is this, should I straighten it and retiller as needed or leave it as is and start finishing. I just don't like how the the bend in the handle makes the bow sit. I'll add some pictures to show it.

Opinions?
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: Advice on what to do to my osage
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 06:33:34 pm »
if the bow is shooting good,,you should finish it,, its not how it looks at this point, but how it shoots that counts,, :)

Offline Hamish

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 06:59:28 pm »
Totally agree with Brad. If its already shooting sweet don't "fix" it, finish it.

Stringman

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 07:09:49 pm »
Love the little guy watchin from twix your legs!

If you have that thing shooting well, then just shoot it a bunch and finish it. You will work on fixing any perceived errors on the next (and the next, and next...) stave. I have had much pleasure in watching my bow style change over the last dozen years. Only wish my first was still shooting.

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 07:28:53 pm »
I like it!  You should leave it and start finishing it up as is.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline bowandarrow473

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 07:44:02 pm »
Looks good!
Whatever you are, be a good one.

Offline Badger

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 07:55:07 pm »
  I think it looks good like it is. The bend near the handle looks more like a kink anyway, they are hard to get out.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 09:42:40 pm »
Kink is a good word for it. Alright then, the counsel has spoken. Finishing it in the morning! If it gets over 40 degrees that is. She's got a few hundred arrows through her now and I'm thinking about skinning it, do I layer on my finish then skin then wrap my handle right?
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.