Author Topic: Osage handled Knife.  (Read 1538 times)

Offline ionicmuffin

Osage handled Knife.
« on: October 21, 2015, 10:15:18 am »
Here is an osage handled knife I made last semester because I wanted to have a good sharp knife for any number of things.
Holds a WICKED edge, and since I have a bud here that makes it razor sharp and also since it was falling out of the case I made a toggle so that people wouldn't cut their feet while walking along our pathway that we walk along to get to our classrooms.
Amo innectis arcus- I love crafting bows (latin)

Offline Chief RID

Re: Osage handled Knife.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 06:36:54 am »
That is a functioning peace of art. Great job. Did you make the blank or is it a repurposed piece? I really like the blade shape. It would serve well as a skinner or a garden all purpose knife. Love the sheath also.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 07:19:53 am »
Nice work muffin top.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 09:16:25 am »
Thank you both! The blade is a piece of car spring that I forged from the original spring.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 04:10:09 pm »

Nice.  I have several old car or truck springs, that are awaiting a time to be forged into new items.  Something about a hand made knife that you make yourself, for yourself.  Good job.

Wayne

Offline ionicmuffin

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 12:30:26 am »
Thanks Wayne! It was really a pleasure to make.

Offline DC

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 12:43:57 am »
I made a  Bowie knife with a 10" blade in high school(try that nowadays) out of a truck leaf spring. I didn't forge it, I just ground it very carefully so not to change the temper. It would take and hold an edge like you wouldn't believe. The only problem was the shallow curve but it was only visible if you looked down the length. Just grind slowly and use a lot of water.