Author Topic: propeller twist question  (Read 4846 times)

riverrat

Re: propeller twist question
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 11:41:56 pm »
thanks all. steam might be my next course of action. i tried one more time with dry heat. have my wood stove going. so ive been heating it untill i cant touch it. then, since its my house, i used wide flat boards over the top of that ruffed out bow, screwed those boards to the floor! big very big clamp. if this dont work, ill try the exact same thing with steam. after i steam it, into that floor clamp it goes lmbo. Tony

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 08:22:36 am »
I would love a pic of that clamp.

riverrat

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 09:29:23 am »
ill take a pic later as i am now trying steam. over the wood stove. dry heat just wouldnt do it. even with being screwed to the floor. soooo, now im streaming it. gonna use that same idea. except im clamping two boards on each limb together with screws. the one side will be screwed to my porch steps outside. the other side has a handle for twisting it. it will either work or it will break. im at that point with this ruffed out bow right now.Tony

riverrat

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 09:42:57 am »
heres the clamp. lol funny, with the steam i can get it to twist the opposite way. sooo, it might work :) although, not very primitive, the principle is. at least thats what im telling myself at this point. lol Tony update: i realy cranked it over now. have that board holding in the twist straight up and down. just felt the handle area between the boards. its still damp. so its gonna stay in there most of the day im thinking. hope i dont over do it the other way.lol im feeling better about this bow now. o.k. maybe a little proppeller twist doesnt matter. this was a bit more than a little. i dont impose my will on wood too much. i like a little character. but i want this one better than a propeller. im thinking, as long as it dont crack when drying, this will do the trick.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:26:24 am by riverrat »

Offline DC

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 12:52:03 pm »
Perfect, as long as it doesn't rain ;)

riverrat

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 07:11:34 pm »
most came out. still want to try this further down the top limb a little more. but its working. :) Tony