Author Topic: Intervention!  (Read 6007 times)

Offline BowJunkie

Re: Intervention!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 09:03:01 am »
I have two ex wives who thought my bow building and arrow making and hunting was a problem.
Hence the EX part.  >:D
Maybe I should find a "Hippie type cave woman" next time.
It's pretty rare to find a woman who appreciates the primitive lifestyle.
But the upside with all my free time, I finally got to build that Pirogue I always wanted to build.  :)
Johnny
in Texas

Offline Badger

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 12:17:11 pm »
  I took a gal on vacation with me one time and somehow I ended up in a bow wood paradise. She flew home, LOL.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 08:20:03 am »
Yep, been there done that, I still love it but it don't consume me like it use to. It is still on my mind daily but I think about it more and work on them less than is previous years. Good luck with you addiction, you can over come it, one day at a time. ;) ;D ;D
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 08:33:26 pm »
"How many bows do you need????". I love that one....heard it more than a few times. :laugh:

I think taking a break now and then is healthy and when you get back to it it will feel like coming home and "new again" all at the same time.  At least that's how it has been for me.

Get after that other stuff but don't stay away too long.  You make this place better for everyone.  ;)
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 11:58:44 am »
Thanks Arrowind!  No way I can set it down permanently!!  One of the trees that blew down in the storm is an ancient pecan that has so many future bows in it that I am putting some 6 and 7 foot lengths aside while I am clearing the damage.  I am casting an eye towards the cooler weather and planning on some self-reward bow building time before the year is out.  I am getting a lot done so the wife can't complain much when October rolls arouund and I go back to the woods. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »
ALMOST relapsed.... I  fletched a few arrows the other day.  That was one of those triggers that I should avoid.... This morning I went to the shop and I picked up a seven foot long, completely seasoned, straight clean osage stave from out of the corner of the shop and moved it over near the workbench....   I was feeling a little flushed and my heart started pounding a little.  I put it down and walked out.  That was a close one.   It has only been two months!!  At least it is time to plant the food plots, practice shooting, and hang some stands.  Who am I kidding?  I will never make it six months.  :-\
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline sleek

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 11:25:34 pm »
I have two ex wives who thought my bow building and arrow making and hunting was a problem.
Hence the EX part.  >:D
Maybe I should find a "Hippie type cave woman" next time.
It's pretty rare to find a woman who appreciates the primitive lifestyle.
But the upside with all my free time, I finally got to build that Pirogue I always wanted to build.  :)

Well egads man dont tease..... pics man pics!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 11:26:52 pm »
as you get older it is easier to pace yourself :) :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 06:29:30 pm »
as you get older it is easier to pace yourself :) :)

An old bull and a young bull standing on a hill when the rancher opened up the gate to the pasture where all the cows were.  Instantly the young bull was off at a run shouting, "I'ma gonna run down and service me one of them cows!"  The old bull started sauntering down saying to himself, "You do that son.  I'll walk down and service the rest."
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 10:15:58 pm »
You have more willpower than me Howard. I have to have a few scrapes on some wood just about every day even if only for 10 minutes. Doesn't help that my bow bench is at my shop where I go at the start of my day before heading out to a jobsite and return to at the end of each day before heading home.
Hang in there buddy, sounds like you got it under control for the time being. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.