Author Topic: Need sudbury dementions.  (Read 1346 times)

Offline beartail

Need sudbury dementions.
« on: August 21, 2015, 08:43:19 am »
I have a hickory stave 70 1/2" long and 2 3/8 wide.i want it heavy as this design will permit. im thinking 1 3/8 after the handle to 2" at the center then to 3/4" at the tips narrowing them down to 1/2" 3/8" later. Handle will be 6" 7" long and 3/4 wide? draw length will be 28". 69" ntn? does that sound good?

Offline Badger

Re: Need sudbury dementions.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 11:57:32 am »
  These are tricky bows, the tiller shape would need to match the front view of the bow to say you truly produced a sudbury bow. Your demensions sound pretty good. I believe the radius of the bend should increase from the narrow part of the fade until it reaches the center of the widest part of the limb and then remain the same up to about 6" before the tips. Not positive on this one, I know it is tricky to really get it right.

Offline Chadwick

• Knock off everything that ain't a bow.
    • Primal Archery
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 01:23:18 pm »
I love your title. Dimensions are what Badger gave ya. Dementions would be if Sudbury bows were crazy... which is a separate post, I believe.
Nothing flying, Nothing dying

Offline beartail

Re: Need sudbury demesions.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 04:48:52 pm »
going with my demensions. In TBB III on page 52 is pics of the type of bow ima try to make.it shows a side view of it braced and that's what kinda tiller im going for any how. I made a shorter version of it about 9 or 10 years ago.that bow shot wonderfully! 5 days after I made it I left it on the tail gate and drove off! I got about 300 yards down the road and remembered what I done and by the time I got turnt round a car had already ran over it!! spatterd into 5 pieces!! I almost cryied! I hope this one turns out as good as that one.(before it got ran over)

BobbyO

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 05:24:56 pm »

Offline beartail

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 08:05:13 pm »
thanks bobbyo.