Author Topic: Please Help My Accuracy! (video)  (Read 7171 times)

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
Re: Please Help My Accuracy! (video)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 09:16:31 am »
thanks guys!  I'll try all those things.

@crooketarrow 40 bucks and 15 gobblers?!  that's amazing!  I'd be so happy to get one little doe with my selfbow.  ;)  Maybe this year... 
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 03:24:57 am »
Still working on it.  Came pretty close last year.  Hopefully this will be the year of my first selfbow deer kill.  Luckily satisfaction is proportional to effort exerted.  ;)
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline SeanStuart

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 03:53:21 pm »
  You want to hit that 250 mark. I can tell you what will cut you group size by inchs.

Everything looked ok in your vidio so try my little trick. Well it really is'nt mine A guy by the name HOWARD HILL used it. When you release ,touch ankor release the third finger down first. You can't stop the next 2 fingers for follow suit.

This way you get the same crisp release everytime.  When I can feel the burn in my third finger I know I'm releaseing the right way. I started useing this release with long bows and recurves back before self bows.

I works and works everytime. Try it. It's helped me kill 40 bucks and 15 gobblers. In 23 years ofshooting and hunting with my own selfbows.

That's a good tip. I am definitely going to try that. Thanks!

Offline punch

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 03:43:30 pm »
Your form looks good.  The only thing I would add that you draw and then kind of settle into your anchor point.  There is a lot of small movements that are leading to a long draw time.  You may want to experiment with coming straight back to an anchor point that to don’t have to "settle into" like your current form.  I may help reduce some inconsistencies but it is only a minor issue.  Less movement usually equals more consistancy.