Author Topic: New here... My first bow  (Read 4276 times)

Offline bubby

Re: New here... My first bow
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 11:50:54 pm »
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 11:57:41 pm »
I am laughing at myself right now so hard the tears are pouring down my face. 

I ran into a perfect grain pine 1x4 last winter and bought it thinking for giggles I would make a pyramid pine bow and post it with the intent of putting it in the bow of the month competition. 

Now here comes a newby and shows me up before I ever so much as put a tool to the wood!!! And pretty respectable tiller, to boot.  Well played, my new friend, well played!  Please continue posting, I look forward to watching your skills grow. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline TolkienFan

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 12:13:26 am »
I am laughing at myself right now so hard the tears are pouring down my face. 

I ran into a perfect grain pine 1x4 last winter and bought it thinking for giggles I would make a pyramid pine bow and post it with the intent of putting it in the bow of the month competition. 

Now here comes a newby and shows me up before I ever so much as put a tool to the wood!!! And pretty respectable tiller, to boot.  Well played, my new friend, well played!  Please continue posting, I look forward to watching your skills grow. 

Haha you should still do it. I would love to see what you could do with a pine board. This one was NOT perfect at all. Lots of run offs and really really soft. I didn't realize it was so soft till I tried working an another type of wood and it felt like stone after the pine.
“The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can.”

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 10:34:31 pm »
Yeah, but you stole my thunder and really really set the bar pretty high when your bow not only had decent tiller, but survived. 

Think of it as picking a fight with an old guy.  If you win, there is no glory in it.  And if you lose, you look like a wet fart feels!

Aw heck, I will make it.  And it will look like my usual work, pretty middling stuff at best!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline TolkienFan

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 09:13:21 pm »
Haha just now seeing your post. I can't wait to see it!
“The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can.”