Author Topic: Looking for fast flight string  (Read 1312 times)

Offline ty_in_ND

Looking for fast flight string
« on: June 27, 2015, 02:57:19 pm »
Howdy all!

I know I'm still new to posting on this site, but I'll be more than happy to provide pertinent information about myself in order to prove trustworthy.

Anyhow, I'm starting to make more bows now and would like to try out some fast flight string (D97, etc).  While I normally wouldn't mind buying some (and I know the cost of making my own strings would soon make up for the initial investment), I thought I'd try the Trading Post out.  I have a few things at the moment I'd be willing to trade (pictures included):

1) Two 5.5 in X 2.5 in purpleheart scales (not bookmatched)
2) Two 12 in x 2.5 in padauk scales (bookmatched)
3) One 12 in x 1.5 in x 1.5 in block of purpleheart (small disclaimer: I bought this block 6 months ago and it was still "green".  It had wax on it when I bought it and has remained waxed, so I'm not sure if it would be ready to use)
4) A 11 3/4 in X 4 1/4 in x 1/16 in sheet of sheet cork (this is solid cork, not stuff that's been compressed and/or glued together)

As far as the string is concerned, I'm not sure how much string would be appropriate, but I'm thinking 2 half spools of different colors would be nice.  The color is of no concern to me (tired of looking at that flo-pink string, I'll take it!), but I would like the colors to contrast.

Thanks!
"The best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."