Author Topic: Bow tuning etc...  (Read 2024 times)

Offline bow101

Bow tuning etc...
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:21:31 pm »
Read a good article in a magazine about tuning arrow flight.  [ Actually nock adjustment ]  Shoot a hay bail from 10 feet if the nock end of the arrow is high lower the nock point. If its low raise the nock point.  I noticed this myself and often wondered well now I know it takes away all the guess work and dont have to do the paper tuning method.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Bow tuning etc...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 09:23:26 am »
I always tune my arrows at 3 or 4 yards also, hard to tell much about them from way out, only that they aren't flying right but not what the problem is. If the knock hits left it is to weak and if it hit right it is to stiff [for right handed shooter ] is also a good thing to know when tuning.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bow101

Re: Bow tuning etc...
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 03:14:08 pm »
I always tune my arrows at 3 or 4 yards also, hard to tell much about them from way out, only that they aren't flying right but not what the problem is. If the knock hits left it is to weak and if it hit right it is to stiff [for right handed shooter ] is also a good thing to know when tuning.
   Pappy

Yes I agree about the spine , I was pointing out the nock issue considering my other problems have been fixed like shelf problems.  I was getting arrow slap on a couple bows.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell