Author Topic: Arrow pass offset  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Green

Re: Arrow pass offset
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 08:01:13 pm »
If it helps any....with glass bows (Hill style in particular), I generally deduct 5# of spine for each 1/8" a bow is cut proud of center when calculating spine for wood arrows.   My experience with the three self bows I have hasn't been but for a few months, but like Pearl said.....each one seems to have its' own likes for spine and point weight.   

Offline bow101

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 08:22:35 pm »
None of that garbage matters with self bows. Two identical self bows, aren't. Find arrows that shoot well from each bow you own and don't ask why, just enjoy.

Basically this is what I try to achieve is build all bows at around 40-50# use the same arrows spined between 40-45 some bows are better than others.   Most of this boils down to one thing my shooting ability, its getting better and I know I will never be a super star, I just enjoy.  :)  On the other hand some arrows are wonky from the get go.   >:D therefore garbage.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline bentstick54

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 11:25:21 pm »
I have 3 Selfmade osage selfbows, all of the same basic dimensions, all within 1/2lb of draw weight to each other,(50#@28"). I cannot seem to shoot the same wood arrow off each of these bows without making some adjustment to the arrows. I prefer to alter the shaft length and leave point weight the same. I assume very minor tiller/timing difference in each bow to be the cause. Maybe difference in physical properties of the wood itself, growth ring thickness, early to late growth ring ratio, who knows. But I think any formula, would still only be an educated guess, and then would have to fine tune arrow to individual bow from there. JMHO. Brian