Author Topic: Spirit Station  (Read 6337 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: Spirit Station
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 09:50:46 am »
There are a ton of things that I missed about going to the classic, but none were so keenly felt as missing this tradition.  It looks great!  Well done!  Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 11:21:55 am »
I finally made it over to the spirit station for the first time Sunday morning. Outback Bob and myself walked over looking at wild flowers. Joe York was there blessing the buffalo skull and we joined in. What a cool place. You can feel te medicine just going there. I did leave my mark, a crooked arrow drawn with charcoal from the fire pit.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Zuma

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2015, 12:12:22 pm »
It's very cool to see the reverence and respect.
The art and the ancient application is commendable.
Thanks for all the post and great photos.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2015, 09:17:02 pm »
Iowabow, how did the pigment hold up with the burnt shell added?  Did it give the results you had hoped for?

This is the part of the whole 9 ring circus that we call the Classic that I missed the most this year!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »
AWESOME TIME!!!! OOOGA BOOGA!!!!! dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline iowabow

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2015, 09:52:00 pm »
@ blackhawk...sorry we did not find you. Old hippy went looking for painters while Derick, Tim and I worked to start the fire. Know that you were missed and hope you will join us next year on the Saturday afternoon.
@ Your name was mentioned many times while we were painting so you were there. I hope we can can have a good year and  be able next year to join together again
@ JW the paints held well enough to see an image to reference for repeating the scene.
@ Pat B and Joe I wish I could have seen his ceremony and I am glad you added a part to the wall.

I am very honored to be able to be a part of this tradition. And by Joe asking me to work with the buffalo design.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:25:12 pm by iowabow »
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 09:46:26 am »
Thanks guys, looks great as usual. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good