Author Topic: just to gripe  (Read 2041 times)

Offline sleek

just to gripe
« on: April 15, 2015, 06:22:35 pm »
I hate communities.  Not this one mind you.but neighborhood types. I have a crazy lady for a neighbor who does not care well for her children.  How can I pass such judgment?  She doesnt keep track of her 3-5 year old. I have found him wandering around my house before. Just him with no one else and she had no clue he was missing. I nocked on her door and she wouldnt even get off her cell long enough to acknowledge anything I just told her. So I raised my voice to make very clear that was not acceptable and should not happen again. She gave me an annoyed look and said, " he is just so cute. " Then she said it was my fault for leaving my door open. ( just moved in and was airing out the house. )

Also she has a cute beagle puppy. I love dogs. I hate how her kid kicks it. I also am not fond of it running loose through the neighborhood.  Wont be long before he becomes a hood ornament.  He has come in my house before too quite uninvited.  Again my fault because l like to leave my door open for fresh air when its nice.

I was grilling steaks before a big storm roled in. Breeze was up but not terrible.  She took issue with my grill going when tornado threats were present. Said I didnt need to be " building a bon fire in the middle of a tornado. "I was gonna burn the whole area down! She harassed me for 20 solid minutes about it. I took my grill to the back yard to finish away from her.

There was a boy trying to push a girl off a high platform.  She screamed for help. I came and told the boy to get down. The girl ran to me scared. I led the boy to the girls house to explain to her parents what he was doing. As I walked away, situation now in control, crazy neighbor lady ( cnl for short ) yells " stay away from here! Yall love over there!"
I looked down at the kids and said dont listen to her she is crazy. Yall play where you want.  They werent I
in her yard. That was it for her. She called the community manager.

I spent 30 min explaining everything and defending myself.  Finally he said to just stick to myself and leave other peoples kids alone. I told him I'm not apologizing for helping that girl. He told me I need to be careful they kick people out for too much drama.

So today im Bass fishing in one of the 3 neighborhood ponds. Three little girls come up wanting to fish. I had two rods with me I could have shared. But not knowing the kids I had to say no. The youngest about 4 pounted and said she had never fished before. This sucks. I dont wanna get in trouble with the drama and such going on, the fish were biting nice, but I packed up and left. Not wanting to tell the girls flat out no and make them feel bad.

I hate communities.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: just to gripe
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 07:18:04 pm »
And that is precisely why I will never move into one. I want my house to be mine and no one elses! Mind you i still get some noses in my business but they arent there for long. >:(

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 07:23:09 pm »
I think neighborhoods and "communities" must be two completely different things.  I have mostly great neighbors.  We also have no HOAs--and that is a good thing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:55:11 pm »
Sounds like a HOA to me. I'd never live in one of those unless I was the HOA President for life.  :laugh: Do they tell you what colors you can paint your house with?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sleek

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 08:24:12 pm »
No they dont tell me that. But they do tell me I cant have guns per contract on property. I live in a trailer park.  ( not proud of it but I guess its an important bit to the story. ) I cant afford another place.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

JacksonCash

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 11:05:30 pm »
I haven't seen too much of my neighbors yet. I'm not exactly an extrovert so that's partly my fault. Over all, most people seem okay near me so far, but it's only been six months or so. I'm sure we'll have pleny of drama coming our way.

I'd told my wife I wanted to get some place a bit out of town because of the sorts of things you describe. She loved the house and the proximity to schools, parks, and stores. I said "Okay, but someday I get a cabin in the woods, and you don't get to know where it is". So that's our deal. :D