Author Topic: new set of lilac arrows  (Read 2838 times)

Offline jeffp51

new set of lilac arrows
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:51:25 am »
My neighbor let me cut some lilac shoots last summer.  Yesterday I gave him one back. His grandson thought is was really cool.  the goose feathers are from another neighbor who shot it a few weeks back. He has an arrow now too.

The set of three are for me. The wood is super smooth and super hard and really pretty.  It is also heavy.  these arrows are about 10 grams heavier than my bamboo arrows of the same length and spine.

Offline Aaron H

Re: new set of lilac arrows
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 12:52:00 pm »
Very nice, great job

Offline tlow13

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 03:08:09 pm »
How do they shoot!? I have some lilac back home that I might have to cut over Christmas.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 03:24:03 pm »
Look good to me!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 03:36:26 pm »
     Very nice! 8)  Nice of you to give each provider an arrow also.  Great job! 8)  Now you need to invite each of them, including the Grandchild over sometime to watch you make an arrow, so they can see the work, involved, and get even more, of an appreciation of the arrow they received, maybe even give the finished arrow to the Grandchild. Just might start an interest, and an appreciation of the skills, and work involved in primitive archery with him also. ;)
                                   Wayne
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:43:16 pm by stickbender »

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 03:45:25 pm »
nice looking arrows right there...............how do they fly?
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 05:09:54 pm »
I have only shot them out of a juniper bow I am tuning.  From it they didn't shoot well, but probably because they are too stiff for the lighter bow weight.  They were kicking pretty hard. I still have to try them from the 50# bow. Also, the extra weight meant they were shooting lower than my lighter bamboo arrows--but that is to be expected.  they seemed to group fairly well for all of that.