Author Topic: Beeswax  (Read 1865 times)

Offline kid bow

Beeswax
« on: March 14, 2015, 02:02:36 pm »
So where does everyone get there beeswax from? Been looking for some but can't seem to find any.
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.

Offline E. Jensen

Re: Beeswax
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 02:12:41 pm »
Honeyville, CO.  They've got a website.  Great prices and quality wax.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 04:10:10 pm »
You can get one of those half off coupons at the big box craft stores and get it for reasonable price, they all have it, full price is outrageous, about $10 a pound. The last I bought from a local bee keeper was a buck fifty a pound.

I do the same when I need barge cement for handles, gone are the days when you could buy it for 99 cents a tube. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:14:04 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline bow101

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 04:00:36 pm »
So where does everyone get there beeswax from? Been looking for some but can't seem to find any.

I have seen lots in the Grocery store (Candles), but is it the same stuff...?    ???
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 11:11:17 pm »
     If the above info doesn't help, try going on line to find local bee keepers, and contact them.  You might get a great deal, and some good honey.  Just make sure you get the raw honey. ;)  If it becomes white, or crystallized, just set it in the sun, in a pan of water to keep the ants out.  Never put it in hot water, or microwave it.  It will cook it, and all the beneficial qualities will be ruined.  You might as well buy store bought crap. :P  But check with your local bee keepers.

Wayne

Offline kid bow

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 09:13:08 am »
Ok awesome stuff thanks guys. I did manage to find a guy at a local farmers market that sells beeswax in medium sized bars for a $1. He is also, in his words " an old time hunter". He said he was making bows since he was around 8. This guy is, forgive me for saying, very old. I think he said 79?
i need nothing but my old bow and arrows.