Author Topic: Rose shoot arrows  (Read 7353 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Rose shoot arrows
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 01:16:22 am »
They may or may not. I haven't made many rose shoot arrows so it only what I've heard. Mickey's site will tell you what you need to know. Maybe Jawge's too.     Pat

I just read you newest post. They will still shoot fine if not checked too bad. As long as the cracks run with the grain, they might look funny but should shoot OK. I have an abo arrow I made with viburnum that checks in a few places but no ill effect. Actually the checks may act like lightening grooves and help keep the finished shafts straight.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline david w.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 01:21:20 am »
Ya the checks go with the grain.  ill just put some wood stiffener for extra saftey and durability
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline lowell

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 01:38:53 am »
david w. ,

I've got a bit of a build along here on PA of what I have been doing to build some rose shoot arrrows.  I hope to post the rest of the build along tomarrow with the finished arrows!! ;)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline david w.

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 11:37:19 am »
Great thanks it will help alot.  I want to have a few good arrows instead of using mismatched under or over spined arrows. i only have one good one right now
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo