Author Topic: Sinew backed osage question  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Newbreedarcher

Sinew backed osage question
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:55:49 am »
So, I sinew backed a 58 osage bow yesterday. It is a working handle bow with reflexed tips. I was under the impression that I shouldn't sinew over the tips because they are static. I also strung the bow backwards, hoping the sinew would keep the bow in reflex. I was talking to some buddies last night from E.T.A.R and one of them said that since I didn't rap the sinew over the tips and to the back of the bow, The sinew won't really hold the bow in reflex. So I'm here now to ask what the collective genius of P.A thinks! ;D :D thanks for all the help in the past and thanks in advance for future help!!

Nick

Offline Newbreedarcher

Re: Sinew backed osage question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:56:53 am »
I put two layers of sinew on yesterday, by the way. I was planning on putting on more today.

Offline PatM

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 08:39:32 am »
Your buddy doesn't know what he's talking about.  >:D
 Sinew reflexes by it's surface grip, not  by pulling both ends of the bow together as if it's a string along the back from tip to tip.
  Composites are sinewed well short of tip to tip and they hold a little bit of reflex.
 The technique of sinewing around the tips onto the belly of the bow is just to keep the sinew from peeling up under stress.  not
    necessary if your sinewing technique is good.

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 08:55:32 am »
Yup ^

A bunch of malarky 

Offline Newbreedarcher

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:05:06 am »
That's what I thought too. thanks again guys! He owes me a beer now!👍