Author Topic: pole or sapling stave  (Read 6830 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: pole or sapling stave
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 08:44:09 pm »
Little John, I apologize for not getting back to you about the green stave. I've been pretty sick for the last week. This weekend looks like I may not be able to cut it either. Bad weather again. I could offer a nice piece of hickory that's about 3 months cut. Still has a lot of moisture and it would be in stave form. Let me know if you're interested. If not I will let you know when I get to cut the locust. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Little John

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 09:45:19 pm »
Patrick, no I am the one to  apologize. I have not been online for a week. Buzzy and lazy. After studying up on the stone tool bows and white woods and how easy the bark pulls off of summer cut white woods, maybe we should wait for a while. The stone tool thing is going to be tough enough at best so we had best make it as easy as possible. So don't hurry up on my account, lets wait for summer. If you would like any of my trade items I would be glad to go  ahead and ship.          Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 10:01:40 pm »
Kenneth, I would love some of your trade items. I just don't want to make a promise that I can't fulfill. I would be glad to send you one as soon as I have one. Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 10:03:58 pm »
The cane shafts would be what I'm interested in, maybe the sinew. But I need some arrows!  :laugh: Patrick