Author Topic: So you think you are tough...  (Read 2262 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

So you think you are tough...
« on: January 30, 2015, 08:35:45 pm »
...because you can pull a bow and send a lethally sharp arrow out to do your work.  Yeah, well, get this!  We got a guy here in Rapid City, SD that is into catch-and-release mountain lion hunting!  You have been BOSSED!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/family-catches-mountain-lion-fox-trap/
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: So you think you are tough...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 09:04:09 pm »
Wow...
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:05:52 pm »
Holy $&$$@?  I am not sure I could do that. 

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:12:20 pm »
I've met Dan, and I am pretty dang sure it is his family that owns/owned Bear Country USA here in the Black Hills.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline chamookman

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 04:48:09 am »
Whoa - He's got some boulders ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline DC

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 12:55:55 pm »
I think I would have run TOWARD the truck!!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 02:30:15 pm »

What a wuss!  I was watching the animal planet, or one of those shows, some years back, and it showed Russian scientists, in waist deep snow, with long poles, and a noose, and ropes, in the Siberian forest  capturing a "BIG" Siberian Tiger.  None that were on camera had a gun!  It takes really big bell clappers to catch a Siberian Tiger, the largest of the species, by using a long pole, and ropes.  No thank you, I would prefer to catch them by trap, or tranquilizer darts, from the safety of a truck!  Those tigers get up to over five hundred pounds.  They are not a little kitty!  There used to be a guy who played Tarzan, that lived in Loxahatchee, Fl. and he had a Tiger, and lion.  He said that when one stepped on his foot, it was like a horse stepping on him.  I say he had a Tiger.  It got out one time, and he was trying to bring it back into his enclosure, when a neighbor, called the Sheriffs office, and they responded, in full force, but they stayed back, as he told them, if they would just keep their distance, he could get to the Tiger, and lead him back to his enclosure.  Well he was about to get to the Tiger, when the Nit Wit, #$@!@%%$#@ news crew arrived in their helicoptor.  He was waving them off, when they ignored him, and came in for close ups, and the Tiger turned and ran,...... towards a deputy, who in turn unloaded his AR.

Wayne