Author Topic: UK Primitive Bowyers  (Read 2641 times)

Offline markinengland

UK Primitive Bowyers
« on: January 18, 2008, 03:21:52 pm »
I would like to make UK Bowyers aware of a new organisation set up specifically for us, by us.

The UK Primitive Archery and Atlatl Society is basically off the ground now, ready to take memberships £12 per year), issue menbership cards and organise events (see the Flag Fen topic in the events forum).

The PAAS is affiliated to the Society for the Preservation of Traditional Archery (SPTA) and shares very much the same aims and objectives. The emphasis is on the Primitve and is not totally devoted to archery as many have interests in atl-atl, flint knapping, bushcraft etc. We hope to grow and get more of a primitve movement going on here. There are quite a few primitive bowyers here now, quite a few British subscribers to Primitive Archery magazine, we just need to get together and share our knowledge a bit more. If you have read enviously about Mojam and a whole load of other good stuff going on in the USA now is your chance to make something happen here in good old Blighty. No reason why all the good stuff needs to be on the wrong side of the Atlantic when all the good beer is on this side! So don't just lurk, join us, meet us, AND LETS HAVE FUN!

Email me at markdesignhill@aol.com for more info.

Mark Hill

Offline bootboy

• vinland longbows
Re: UK Primitive Bowyers
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 08:49:36 am »
Oi oi, hey I live in canada so im not eligable, however if I wanted come and hunt red deer at some point what would I need to do?
probably somewhere in scotland...but im not fussy. I havent yet been back home and Im itchy from all the stories my fathers' told me
knapp 'um if you got 'um

Offline markinengland

Re: UK Primitive Bowyers
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 10:35:02 am »
Bootboy,
If you came back you could shoot a red deer up in Scotland with a high powered rifle if you were rich enough and were posh enough! You cannot shoot any animal with an arrow though, even if it is your land and your animal. There are some things that are good about this side of the Atlantic, but the freedom to roam and hunt within the wilderness isn't one of them.
Mark