Author Topic: A battle in the bow shop  (Read 12405 times)

Offline bow101

Re: A battle in the bow shop
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2014, 04:58:59 pm »
I get the occasional mouse in the house but nothing a couple of traps wont take care of. My biggest issues have always been with my truck. Had one crawl thru the air intake duct and chew a hole in my air filter a couple of years ago. Worst part was my truck quit running and it took my two days to find the small peice of paper fluff stuck to the wire on my mass air flow sensor. Then this fall when the weather cooled enough for me to turn on my heater all i got was a big puff of rat nest floating thru the cab and all my vents plugged off >:(. Took two weeks and a coat hanger to finaly get the the vents cleared all the way. And this truck is my daily driver that rarely sits for more than 24 hours.

Use to service cars I found lots of filter damage, they chew up the noise reduction padding and build nests near the air filter which clogs everything up. Best thing to do is take some metal screen and block off the fresh air intake.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline Marks

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 10:27:31 am »
I'm fixing to make one of those bucket traps. Found a nest in my duck hunting waders in my garage. They chewed up some of the neoprene but I don't think they went all the way through. The waders smell like pee now. Not sure what to do about that.

Offline coxral

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2014, 04:29:58 am »
" As the Red Rider roared..." I love it! I got a Norway rat running the backyard gauntlet one warm summer evening during a BBQ. Nailed 'em in the back of the neck from about 15' with the BBQ fork! Everyone enjoyed the hunt and the swift execution! Kids are all gown now and one of 'ems friend always says, " I miss your Dad's elk burgers and remember that rat?!"

Offline Marks

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2014, 10:21:10 am »
did you continue the BBQ with the same fork? :o