Author Topic: A Little Rant  (Read 2593 times)

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
A Little Rant
« on: November 18, 2014, 09:59:35 pm »
How long would you suppose that it would take the post office to deliver a box that had a promised delivery of 3 to 5 business days? I could see 7, even 10. How about 15? Today is 16, still no boxes.The USPS is really starting to make me want to ship another method. First they lose my arrow in the trade, now they can't even deliver flat rate boxes so I can ship with them again... First world problems I know.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: A Little Rant
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 10:16:01 pm »
I've shipped a lot of stuff and supplies and I've never had a problem with USPS.  Has the weather slowed it down?  Have you checked the tracking number on their website?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Grasshopper Mouse

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:42:50 pm »
There is no perfect shipping company. They all make their share of mistakes.
I'm sure we've all seen the video of a UPS driver chucking a flat screen TV box over a fence, and I imagine we've all seen video of the FEDEX driver doing the same thing with a boxed computer. Surely you've heard of the boxes marked FRAGILE that are delivered with tire tracks across them and the contents mashed flat; that one was USPS.
They all have their issues.

Guy

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:13:04 pm »
I've had zero problems with usps, sometimes a day or two late, always check the tracking, if it says info on this package is unavailable you prolly typed in a wrong number, easy enough to do considering the length of the tracking numbers
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 11:45:47 pm »
I'll take USPS over any other shipping company. I've had only two losses in about 20 years with USPS, neither had much value.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:50:50 am »
My issue with the trade arrow was that it wasn't delivered, yet said it was. What I am waiting on now is literally Boxes. Ordered from the USPS website. You can't order 1, or even just 5, you have to order 10. I don't care that I have to order 10, I will use them eventually. But if I don't want to spend a fortune to ship stuff I have to use "Their" box. It is sad that I have to order them, and they can't just have them available in my post office.

Offline wildman

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 08:58:05 am »
Bubby , you must have forgot about that beat up box that came from Ky with the hole torn in it!!! JoJo, I have had a few issues over the years. I had a package going to Cip disappear off the face of the earth. I also had the package that went to Bubby arrive ripped open with contents missing. I would have to say all in all I have good luck.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Tower

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 09:02:20 am »
The USPS has lost more boxes than I can remember. From rocks the knives& necklaces all lost in the void.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 05:50:33 pm »
I have had good luck. There are people who work at all places who have sticky fingers. My grandpa is a craftsman. For years he would make and send various things to all of his grand kids. My aunt lived in Colorado, and would never get anything he sent. Turns out that the person in the post office would open packages that they suspected contained good items, and just keep them. He finally got caught. The last thing I shipped was 18 pounds of stone to Mullet, he said the box was all beat up when he got it. It is the delivery at my place that seems to have the issue.

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 09:31:57 pm »
LOL, My first box order is still showing in transit, Last location was Denver on the 5th. My second Box order was placed on the 17th, and is showing that it is in Salt Lake. Maybe I'll get some and some people can stop waiting for me to ship stuff!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 10:01:33 pm »

Yeah, I have been fairly lucky with them, but did have some issues with mail, when I lived in the Virgin islands.  It would take an average of 8 days to get mail.  I finally wrote the the Post Master General, and asked if they were using a row boat.  He contacted the Post Master in the V. I. and he talked to me, and said why didn't you just talk to me, and I told him, I learned long ago, in the Military, to skip as many middle people as possible to get anything done.  Well my mail started coming in 4-5 days from Fl. ...... for awhile, then it was back to the row boat.  Recently, like last year, When I was in Montana, I sent a big envelope filled with real estate magazines to a Friend of mine in Winter Park, Fl. and all he got was part of one magazine, and the Envelope was shredded, and not even taped, or put in another envelope, or plastic bag.  Just stuffed in his mail box.  No wonder they are going under, it isn't just the internet, it just typical Government incompetency.  But to give the Devil his just due, I have not had a lot of problems with them.  I have had more problems with Fed EX., and UPS, than the USPS.  I hope your boxes arrive soon.  I know it can be frustrating.
I did some Christmas part time work in the Post Office, years ago, and I would see letters, lying under conveyor belts, and other machines.  When I  could as I was sweeping, I would rake them out, and put them in the correct box.  But the permanent employees, ignored them.  I've watched them toss boxes marked fragile, in bins with other boxes.  You need to see the movie Ace Ventura, Pet Detective, in the part where he is dressed like a UPS guy. ;)  Good luck ;)

Wayne