Author Topic: I have some bad news, folks...  (Read 6987 times)

Offline half eye

Re: I have some bad news, folks...
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 09:19:42 am »
Back in the olden times when I was a young lad, I was fishin on the AuSable. Well ya had to shinny out the corrigated steel breakwall for several hundred yards to fish on the end pier. We was out there after some shallow water lake trout (terribleous freighttrainous americana) that come in each year to eat the steelhead roe. Fished awhile and here come a pilgrim with a brand new, shiny, "Po-Peel Pocket Fisherman", it was a true thing of beauty for sure. He just did get his second retrieve up to speed when all of a sudden there was a terrible loud crash, followed by banshee's screaming, and more smoke than a meat locker.......then it all went quiet as he peered down at the remains of the wrap around grip plastic cause everything else was surely gone......man never said a word as he turned and left. I had to go also cause I pee'd my pants, and my ribs hurt. >:D
rich

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 04:36:50 pm »
He needed a REAL "Pocket Fisherman" (concussion grenade.)
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Badger

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 07:41:22 pm »
  I can't tell you how many times I have heard guys tell me how real bows are made. They always include bending into the braced shape. You  just have to laugh,

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2014, 12:09:10 am »
I heard some great ones after the first Lord of the Rings movie came out. It was almost as if they had smoked too much Longbottom Leaf.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...