Author Topic: Did I mess this up?  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Blob

Did I mess this up?
« on: December 04, 2014, 09:38:09 pm »
Should I have glued the overlays up to the point that I started flattening ends of the bamboo.  I haven't flexed the bow at all since they have been glued.  I can still shorten the ends and re glue the overlays if I need to.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Did I mess this up?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 12:02:26 am »
There is a chance it could lift a splinter. I think I'd move it. What glue did you use. You might be able to heat it and release the glue.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Badger

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 02:29:28 am »
  I have done that quite a few times without problems but I leave my outer limbs stiff.

mikekeswick

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 02:58:12 am »
Don't worry it'll be right! When ever you glue overlays on this is the outcome. The back fibers have to be cut through. Even putting your overlay right upto the grind line isn't going to bring it back to the strength of an untouched back. As Badgers says tho it won't be bending there so you should be fine.

Offline Blob

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 09:03:51 am »
Thanks guys!  I glued these overlays on Sunday and haven't had an opportunity to even look at it until last night.  I have been worried about this since Monday...lol