Author Topic: Hello camp.  (Read 1482 times)

Offline peterdragon

Hello camp.
« on: September 04, 2014, 06:52:19 am »
Long time lurker and now a new member. Even though I have already posted, I figured I should introduce my self and camp fires are good places to do that. So im Chris from Houston. Found the traditonel bowyers bible in a house that was wrecked by Ike. Since then I have been intrigued by bows made from one piece of wood. Im a long time archer be it modern, horizontal or vertical. I have been out of it for a long time due to a long and bitter divorce and a damaged nerve in my left elbow. So I turned back to what I love and thats archery. Im building my kit back up and lurking here again. Done a ton of reading on all aspects of making bows. I decided I have read enough and its time to get doing. Through my intrest in primative archery I have also discovered that im infatuated with other primitave technology. Traps especially as well as baskets. So there it is. Im in the Northwest Houston/Southeast Houston areas until im moved and get rolling again. Im looking for folks who would be willing to swap knowlage for trinkets and labor. Im a master Painter and decent Carpenter with a strong 40 year old back. I will trad some work or some stuff for an oppertunity to see a bow made. Not looking for a handout, just an oppertunity to observe the process. I learn better by doing. Well, I need to go work. Y'all have good days and safe travels.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Hello camp.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 07:10:52 am »
Welcome,great to have you here,You will enjoy and I suspect you will find some people close that can help you out,I'm in TN. you ever get up that way give me a call. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:11:27 am »
Welcome Sir, glad to have another fellow Texican on board.  I'm in the Hill Country.  There are a handful of guys out your way, but if you end up near San Antonio shout at me.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:21:10 am »
welcome to PA!!  your mot going ti find a better place to learn this stuff than here..and there are quite a few of us Texas boys around...i live in somerville very close to the lake here and we got some more guys in college station .... we also have a gtg at welch park at lqke somerville...(.gonna have one soon)...i also put together a yearly event called the Yegua bow bust! also at the lake...so ya got folks and stuff near ya!!!
welcome again !!
"SET" is always there !!!