Author Topic: EARTHHHHHHHQUAKKKKKKEE!!!!!  (Read 2343 times)

Offline BOWMAN53

EARTHHHHHHHQUAKKKKKKEE!!!!!
« on: August 24, 2014, 07:48:08 am »
6.0 in American canyon and lasted a good ten seconds. Only 45 mile from where I'm at. I tell ya man, gotta love the good ole California alarm clocks.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: EARTHHHHHHHQUAKKKKKKEE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 08:27:33 am »
Ill take my mosquitos and crappy winters Jordo! You can have that state all to yourself buddy.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline 4dog

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:54:36 am »
yeah...ill keep the 100+° heat ...scorps...fireants...big spiders...and grassburrs....you can keep the shaky earth.   lol
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Poggins

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:08:29 am »
We've been shaking here in Oklahoma a little the last couple of years , we had about a 4.2 the other day , not as big as yours but big enough for us to get called out to check the bridges on the turnpike , gives the news something to talk about also .

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 12:49:53 pm »
Good to know you are ok. I am sure some are not as lucky.
Count your blessings.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 01:13:42 pm »
Good luck, been watching it on the news , stay safe glad y'all are Ok Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 10:04:21 am »
We had one years ago that struck while I was in the parking lot in front of the local indoor range. They said the quake barely registered on the Richter scale. Where I was standing the shaking was so intense it was hard to stay on my feet, cool and scary at the same time.

Offline BOWMAN53

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 12:49:35 pm »
you bunch of weenies lol. its a good thing it happened at night though. during the day before it happened there was a brews, blues, and BBQs festival downtown Napa with thousands of people

Offline bubby

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 01:06:23 pm »
I just keep waiting for my property values to go up when I have beachfront property  >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 01:09:52 pm »
I was a kid living in Southern California during the Sylmar Quake and faintly remember it. Then I was living in L.A., Hollywood actually, during the Northridge Earthquake. You grow up in Southern California with the news specials always running series like "The Big One: What Will It Do?" And they were predicting casualties and destruction on the scale as if waves of Soviet Bear bombers carpet-bombed L.A. There was even a 1970s Irwin Allen disaster movie titled "Earthquake" that had all of L.A. in ruins and casualties all over the place. So when the Northridge Quake hit, I was like, well, this is it, this is the Big One, I'm gone.

I guess I can complain too much about the near-constant wind up here in Monument Valley, AZ. At least it ain't an earthquake.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 03:42:58 am »
I will deal with Hurricanes  thank you!. Glad your ok  :)
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does