Author Topic: Port "A" points  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Tower

Port "A" points
« on: August 19, 2014, 06:32:47 pm »
I spent 4 days in Port Aransas tx. I did a lil swimming, a lil fishing, a lil knapping.   Last Saturday I spent a few hours on the beach knapping over a hole I dug in the sand.   It's been quite a while since I've really sat down & broke some stone. The 1st point I made from some dacite I got from the box swap earlier this year.  The 2nd is a Montell made from a piece of plain old Tx rock. I sold my property in Lampasas Co  earlier this year.   I spent a little time walking it over remembering all the great times I'd had as a kid.  Well under my old knapping tree on the creek I found a blank I made years earlier & forgotten about.  It was barely visable. The years of rain had almost lost it to time. Not my best work, but I think it my favorite so far.  The 3rd point was made with  some stone Nathan had given me (Sasquach).  This is some beautiful stone & knaps like butter with alittle heat. I could have spent a little more time making it right, but the sun burn was kicking in by then. I hope y'all enjoy!  Tower.

He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Port "A" points
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 07:53:37 pm »
All three good looking points.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Stringman

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 08:52:35 pm »
Those re nice! Good to see you're still alive and have t lost a beat.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:29 pm »
Great trip and great points.
I know the feeling.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:50:32 am »
They all look killer.Sounds like a nice getaway
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline bowmo

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 11:59:24 am »
Nice lookin points.

And Zuma...that picture makes me jealous.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 09:21:21 pm »
Don, I'm convinced that you are an old soul that was a master knapper for some tribe! Nice work!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 11:20:08 pm »
Very nice!
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 08:07:37 pm »
Nice work as always Don! I feel your pain, mom is older now and has to sell the farm where I grew up :(. and aint a darn thing I can do about it.. Need to find me some beach..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 12:37:22 am »
Sorry I didn't see this earlier! The wife is gone for the week and I have three kids under 5 so, no time.  I really liked the story about the blank.  Thanks for the shout out if you ever want more of that stuff I'll you need do is hint at it and it's yours Tower.  Love the points too, but that's a given!  :). Send me a text and we'll try to set something up in October so we can break stone together, and maybe a little hunting also.   8) Nathaniel

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 10:44:58 am »
Awesome!  I don't like beaches all that much but knappin' on one might make me like them better...
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr